Keeping your hands clean and germ free is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick.
According the to the Centre of Disease Control and Prevention, hand-washing education in the community:
- Reduces the number of people who get sick with diarrhea by 23-40%
- Reduces diarrheal illness in people with weakened immune systems by 58%
- Reduces respiratory illnesses, like colds, by 16-21%
- Reduces absenteeism due to gastrointestinal illness in school children by 29-57%
The World Health Organisation recommends the following to protect yourself against illness:
- Clean your hands regularly
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and dry them thoroughly
- Use alcohol-based (at least 60%) handrub if you don’t have immediate access to soap and water
Happy Bee's active ingredient is natural sugar cane-based alcohol that kills 99.9% of germs. To counteract the possible drying affects of alcohol we have added palmarosa oil which is moisturising for the skin; and the sweet orange and lavender give our sanitisers a boost with their antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
Nina A. Gold; Usha Avva. (2018). Alcohol Sanitizer.
Centre of Disease Control and Prevention. (2018). Show Me the Science - Why Wash Your Hands?